I would like to thank TBM, of The 50 Year Project, for thinking of me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
This is kind of a fun way to receive the award, since TBM would have been one of my top choices for it in return. I enjoy the travel photos combined with books and movies.
Here are the instructions:
- Nominate 10-15 fellow bloggers
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award Pic on your blog post
In nominating other bloggers, I’d like to be very low-pressure about the chain-letter-style requirement to keep passing it on; not all bloggers are interested in that, which is totally cool as far as I’m concerned. I will go ahead and name some other blogs that I feel are deserving – take the compliment! And pass it on if you like, but only if you like. No pressure.
So here are seven randoms facts about me:
- I am afraid of roller coasters and driving fast. But I do some things other people find frightening, like racing on the velodrome and mountain biking.
- I usually dress my pasta with salad dressing instead of red sauce. Weird, right?
- I like little dogs better than big ones.
- I never learned how to walk in high heels.
- I rode my bicycle to my wedding, as did Husband and my parents and the majority of our guests.
- I’m a morning person.
- And because it’s been the focus of my life lately: I recently had knee surgery and can’t wait to get better and get back on my bike!
And here are some blogs I enjoy for their versatility:
- My R and R is actually a tumblr so I don’t know if that counts precisely, but I’m making this award my own.
- Coffee and a Book Chick blogs about books (what can I say, we lean that way here at pagesofjulia) but life & personal things as well, and I like the new “A Walk About Town” meme.
- My Porch does some great book blogging, and social commentary, and I never get sick of seeing pictures of Lucy (Thomas’s dog).
- TERRIBLEMINDS does some book blogging, more writer’s blogging, social commentary, plenty of curse words on all subjects, and lately blogs about his baby sometimes too – I don’t always get excited over reading about people’s babies, but he’s so delightfully irreverent about it all.
- write meg! blogs about reading, writing, and life.
- books i done read is too hilarious to miss, ’nuff said.
- cakes, tea and dreams is a displaced Texan who blogs about books as well as life’s small but important details.
- The Feminist Texican [Reads] focuses on books addressing feminism, gender issues, and Mexican-American/border/cultural topics, but also an interesting range of subjects beyond that; I’m always interested to see what book-I’ve-not-heard-of-before she’s going to cover next.
- useless beauty is another hilarious blog, purportedly covering quilting/knitting/crafting stuff, but in actuality just a hilarious look at many aspects of life in Cambridge (which turns out to be surprisingly foreign to this Houston girl. or maybe that’s not surprising at all?).
- So Far From Heaven is definitely well-described by the word “versatile” – go check him out.
- Finally – not that she needs my accolades – who could forget The Bloggess? Also laugh-out-loud funny.
Thanks again, TBM! Keep up the good work, yourself!