With the beginning of a new month, I believe I’ll go with challenge updates as a theme. On Monday we talked about the Where Are You Reading? challenge. Today let’s talk about the What’s in a Name challenge.
There are six title “types” that must be fulfilled by the end of the year:
1. A book with a number in the title: First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why
2. A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception
3. A book with a size in the title: Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee
4. A book with travel or movement in the title: Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler’s Wife
5. A book with evil in the title: Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely
6. A book with a life stage in the title: No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child
…and, ahem, I’m one third of the way there, and it’s only February! 61 Hours fulfills #1, and Running Blind will fulfill #4. Great fun! Like the Where Are You Reading? challenge, I’m just going about my usual reading business and seeing how it comes out. So far Jack Reacher is winning this one out, hm, interesting. He’s such a traveler, I knew he’d help me out in the Where Are You Reading? challenge, and he is, but he’s also leading this one so far. Jack Reacher wins. Happy reading!
Edit: I also read The Time Traveler’s Wife recently, so let’s go ahead and call it halfway done!